Friday 30 November 2012

Website Marketing - Are You Feeling Overwhelmed?


I am sitting with a hot coffee, staring at my computer, trying to decide whether to:
- write an article and submit it to article directories,
- record a video and upload it to video sites,
- post useful information in forums to build links,
- jump onto Facebook and share some interesting information,
- tweet the latest news on Twitter,
- pin photos and designs onto Pinterest, or
- blog a keyword rich post onto my Blog
- or maybe I should research more keywords and optimise my website for Search Engines.
I know I should be doing all of these activities and some extra ones...
But the longer I sit here, I am feeling more anxious and unable to move... I can't make a decision about what to do.
If you research online about the best way to promote your business, you've probably felt the same panic. You know you need to keep up to date with the latest online marketing techniques, but the trends keep changing and you are not able to stay on top.
Now what?
It's time to let off some frustration (just make sure you close the door and all the windows, so no-one can hear you scream) AAAAAAARRRGHHHHHH!...
Feeling better? I am... that's for sure.
I still haven't decided whether to blog, tweet, Facebook, record, write, post or eat some chocolate, but I definitely feel relieved.
What now?
Time to just sit still, turn the phone off, shut down the internet and just be - preferably outside and in fresh air.
Amazing how getting away from the computer can suddenly give you a new perspective.
By now, you are hopefully feeling a little more sane and are able to think more rationally.
One little step at a time.
Sit down and write a list of everything you would like to get done in a week.
2 Facebook posts, 4 Tweets, 1 Blog Post, 1 Article,1 Video
Suddenly, the list doesn't seem so impossible.
If I have learnt anything about online marketing or working on a big project, it's this. You just have to take one step at a time.
Set yourself an achievable weekly goal - work on your marketing for ½ hour to 1 hour a day and before you know it you have achieved so much.
You will be further ahead than your competitors, because most people are still sitting staring at their screen, feeling anxious and unable to do anything.
You don't need to jump onto all the latest trends and try to do everything at the same time. You just need to do a little each day... choose several marketing activities, be consistent and you will see the amazing results your actions will bring.
And what do you know... I've just done my article for the week... time to grab a coffee and watch the world go by.
Ivana Katz makes it easy for you to get your business online very quickly. If you're looking for a professional and affordable website designer, visit http://www.web4business.com.au and download a free website plan or connect with Ivana on http://www.facebook.com/Websites4SmallBusiness.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ivana_Katz
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7383037

No comments:

Post a Comment