Tuesday 17 June 2014

Internet Marketing: Why You Must Be Yourself And Not Copy

In this article I am going to discuss why it is really important to be consistent throughout your business. Whether it is in your email campaign, your website or your sales page you must be yourself - always.
There are many parts of an online business and often we just don't have the time to implement all the parts ourselves so we find someone to outsource it to.
However, in an information business where you are the information producer - in other words you create the information products - it becomes more important for all your content (information) to have the same style.
It should be in your own 'voice' or your business can appear inconsistent and odd to others.
We all have different personalities and the way we communicate reflects that. The way that we share information also reflects that.
If some of your content doesn't reflect your personality then you can confuse people! It might sound like you have a split personality!
Let me give you a real life example!
I was reading a self improvement book the other week and there was an assignment that I was encouraged to implement! So I did - I'm a good student!
The thing I had to do was to send an email to a few of my really close friends and ask them a specific question about my personality! The author gave a written example of the email to send and so I just copied the email and sent it to some of my friends.
What happened?
Well I sent one of these emails to my brother who I am very close to. He didn't even open the email but instead sent me a text message asking me if I had sent him an email or not as he didn't recognise it as being from me! The subject line didn't sound like me!
Can you begin to see how important it is in your business to be consistent and always sound the same - to be yourself?
If your emails sound different from your website content or your products sound different to your sales letter, things begin to get messy. Your customer relationships begin to get messy.
Think about it.
If you were a customer and you received a download that you had purchased and it sounded completely different from the person you thought you had purchased it from then I'm sure you would feel a little confused if not a bit wary.
If you need to outsource tasks then be very careful what tasks you give away. If you have to outsource some of your content creation then make sure you have a template or blueprint to follow so that it sounds as much like you as possible.
By the way do you want an easier way to build a sustainable income online? If so then download my brand new free eBook on how to maximize your profits by creating your own high quality products quickly: Super Fast Product Creation
Or visit My Blog for more step by step help.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kay_Franklin
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8416620

No comments:

Post a Comment